A grant is available to all Alberta Agricultural Societies that are members of AAAS for farm safety awareness, education & programming in your community to promote behavioral changes on family farms and the agriculture community.
Complete details can be found in the Farm Safety Grant Guidelines and Application Form
- Up to $10,000.00 per project
- No matching component required
- No limit on the number of projects an Agricultural Society can do in a year with the condition that one project must be complete prior to the next project being approved
- Projects that have already been completed within 1 year of application may be eligible for funding
- All grant projects must be completed by December 31st, 2018
- Please allow 4 to 6 weeks processing time to review the application
Grant funds are distributed upon completion of the approved project and receipt of the required FARM SAFETY GRANT REPORTING TEMPLATE
Many resources exist to help you with planning or programming your Farm Safety Initiative. Below is a sample of what is available.
Alberta Agriculture and Forestry
- Fact Sheets – Certain Topics have a PDF poster you can print
- Farm Safety Day Camp Manual
- Other Resources & Displays
- Farm Safety Online Directory – This directory includes a listing of organizations, businesses and individuals providing consulting, education or training services in agricultural safety. It has been developed in response to requests for a collective listing of services available for farm safety planning, audits, consulting, education and training
North American Guidelines for Children’s Agricultural Tasks (NAGCAT) Guidelines